IMPORTANT UPDATE: NYC Sexual Harassment Notice Requirement
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR ALL EMPLOYERS IN NEW YORK CITY
- Effective September 6, 2018:
- In compliance with the “Stop Sexual Harassment in NYC” Act, all New York City employers must distribute an information sheet on sexual harassment to new employees upon hire. See link below.
- This information sheet has been developed by the New York City Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) and may be included in a company’s employee handbook.
- All New York City employers must also display an anti-sexual harassment poster that has been designed by the CCHR. See link below.
- The poster must be displayed in employee breakrooms or other common areas where employees gather.
- The poster must be displayed in both English and Spanish.
- A Spanish version must be posted even if no employees speak Spanish (CCHR has yet to release the Spanish poster).
- If you have questions about this or any other labor and employment law related matter, please contact an attorney from Franklin, Gringer & Cohen, P.C. at 516-228-3131