• Phone(516) 228-3131
  • Address666 Old Country Road, Suite 202, Garden City, New York 11530

Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice

Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice

Your Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice Firm

If you have suffered serious injuries or the death of a loved one due to someone else’s careless actions, you may be entitled to a monetary award, health care benefits and other compensation and should consult with Michael S. Mosscrop, Esq. of Franklin, Gringer & Cohen, P.C. immediately to ensure that your rights are protected.

Michael S. Mosscrop, Esq. has represented countless personal injury and medical malpractice victims throughout New York State.  He has trial and appellate experience in the following types of matters:

  • Motor Vehicle Accidents
  • Slip/Trip and Falls
  • Medical and Dental Malpractice
  • Pharmaceutical Negligence
  • Laser Hair Removal Negligence
  • Trucking Accidents
  • Motorcycle Accidents
  • Pedestrian Accidents
  • Construction Accidents
  • Drunk Driving Accidents
  • Brain Injuries
  • Wrongful Death
  • Railroad Crossing Accidents
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Catastrophic Injury/Accidental Death
  • Intentional Tort/Assault
  • Dog and Animal Bites

Why Should You Consult With An Attorney?

Many valuable rights can be permanently forfeited because an injured person failed to consult with an attorney and believed what he or she was told by an insurance company.  In our experience, insurance companies will offer very low settlement amounts to injured parties prior to their consultation with an attorney knowing very well that most accident and medical malpractice victims will agree to accept such settlements.  Remember, the only person truly working in your best interest is the attorney you hire.  The sad reality is that many accident are not accidents at all.  They are caused by the preventable carelessness and negligence of others.

A civil lawsuit can be stressful.  In such difficult situations, you take tremendous risk if you do not have experienced legal counsel and representation at your side.  You can count on our firm to stand up for your rights and make sure that you receive solid guidance, advice and representation during the entire course of your case.  Some attorneys will take your case and then refer it to another attorney prior to the time of trial.  However, our firm will handle every aspect of your case from the time we first consult with you through the conclusion of your case.  Every time you call our office you will always speak with an attorney and will not be passed off to an assistant or paralegal.  This is the personal service you should expect and will always receive from us.

We are dedicated to obtaining the very best recovery possible for our clients through experienced, professional and aggressive representation.  While unfortunately it is impossible to undo injuries or suffering, we can put that suffering into words in order to seek compensation for the injured party, such as monetary damages for physical and emotional pain and suffering, economic damages, lost wages and medical care and expenses.

I Was Involved In An Accident.  What Should I Do Now?

  • If you have pain or have sustained injuries you should immediately seek medical assistance from your doctor or hospital.
  • Do not hesitate.  Consult with an attorney who specializes in personal injury and medical malpractice as soon as possible.  There are very strict time limitations concerning when a claim can be brought and our firm can advise you as to what actions must be taken.
  • If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident and believe you may have sustained injuries, you are required by state law to notify the police.  A police accident report will be prepared by the reporting officer and will contain all the information regarding the responsible party’s insurance company.  In most cases you will also be required to file a report with the department of motor vehicles.  We will take care of all of this for you and your family.
  • In you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, your medical expenses, lost earnings from work and other reasonable and necessary expenses can be paid for and/or reimbursed by the insurance company.  This is called no-fault insurance.  However, the appropriate applications and paperwork must be filed with the responsible no-fault insurance company within a very strict time period.  We take care of all aspects of this for you and will make sure that all of your expenses are reimbursed.
  • If you are ever involved in a slip/trip and fall, construction accident or any other accident on someone else’s property, we always advise our clients to take photographs of the scene, since it is very important to document and preserve this type of evidence.  Often the condition that causes such an accident is repaired or disappears subsequent to the accident.  It is also advisable to notify the property owner or store manager if an accident occurs.  In most cases the property owner or store manager will file an accident report with their insurance carrier, which may contain helpful information or admissions concerning your accident.
  • Take down all witnesses’ names, addresses and phone numbers so that, if need be, statements can be obtained from them.
  • If you feel that you or a loved one may have been a victim of medical or dental malpractice, it is necessary to have the appropriate experts review the medical records and information to make that determination.  We will request, review and organize all of your records on your behalf and obtain a speedy expert review concerning your case.  This necessary step will aid in helping us determine whether you or your loved one has a meritorious medical or dental malpractice case.  This service is performed by us as a courtesy to you.

We Only Get Paid If You Get Paid

Our firm handles all personal injury matters on a contingency-fee basis.  What that means is that we only get paid if you get paid.  If you obtain a monetary recovery, our fee is a percentage of that recovery.  If you do not receive a monetary recovery, we do not get paid a fee.  This enables you to be able to pursue a personal injury matter without having to worry about paying for our legal services as they are performed.

Free Consultation

Of course, all consultations with our firm are free.  We are more than happy to come and meet you at your home, place of work or any other convenient location.  This is the personal service you should expect and will always receive from us.

We are located in the heart of Garden City and also have a convenient office location in New York City.  So if you or a loved one has any type of personal injury matter and would like to meet with us to discuss your rights, please call Michael S. Mosscrop, Esq. at 516-228-3131 or e-mail him at mmosscrop@franklingringer.com.